Thursday, May 5, 2011

With Appreciation

Since we started this blog, a common thread throughout Jean, Mandi and my posts has been how much rely on on our mothers to help us with the every day struggles that a working mother faces.  For the most part, my mom stayed home with us, so I didn't really know what to expect when I became a working mom.  I do know that I did not expect to rely on my mom as much as I have.  My mom has been with me on every step of my working mom journey.  She was the one I called to ask if KJ's cough sounded like croup.  Who went to the immediate care with when KJ got swine flu in the middle of what the media was predicting would be an epidemic.  Who picked up Sweet Pea's Easter present for me when I couldn't make it to the store during business hours.  She's taken the kids to the pumpkin farm for a special treat, goes to hockey with KJ on Fridays that I have to work, and helped me scour the mall for Sweet Pea's Christmas dress.  She even stops by sometimes just to take the kids to the park and give me a half an hour to myself. 

I didn't expect my mom to do any of these things when I had children.  I firmly believe that my kids are my kids, and that it is my responsibility to raise them.  But I am grateful that my mom has taken it upon herself to help me out.  I truly don't know what I would do without her.  She makes my life easier.  Sometimes, her help is the only thing that makes my life manageable.  To say that I'm grateful is an understatement.  Her presence in our lives is a blessing and more than I could have ever asked for.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment