Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Leaving On a Jet Plane

I've been rushing around all day today.  From overlapping court calls this morning to a client lunch to a dentist appointment this afternoon, I've been trying to squeeze two days' worth of stuff into a mere 6 hours and I just now realized it was my turn to post.  Oops. 

Why, you ask, am I trying to squeeze two day's worth of stuff into 6 hours and forgetting to post?  Because tomorrow I leave on a business trip.  I know some people, like Jean, travel frequently and handle it like pros.  I, on the other hand, have not traveled much since having kids.  While I might miss bedtime a few times a week, I've only actually spent the night away from the kids once, about a year ago.  So, needless to say, I'm horribly out of practice and under prepared for tomorrow's trip. 

A lawyer friend of mine once likened trying to get ready to leave for vacation like juggling: you try to throw all of your balls high enough into the air that none of them fall before you get back. Right now, I'd be happy if people just stopped throwing more balls into the mix. 

 What do you moms do to get ready to leave for a business trip?  Do you prepare meals for your husband to feed the kids?  Assign a colleague at work to watch over your matters?  Pray?  I'm planning to squeeze as much into the time I have left before tomorrow morning's flight, when I plan to crash and sleep my way to the east coast.  Here's hoping that's enough to get us through! 

Karen

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate you for posting such a nice Blog. Jet Lag—we all know how horrible it feels. You are so tired that you feel like a walking zombie, and that random park bench looks awfully tempting for a nap, even though it’s the middle of the day, and you have no idea where you are.

    Jet lag cure

    ReplyDelete