Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse

Today is snowpocalypse in Chicago.  Depending on which channel/website you check, 15-24 inches of snow are expected to or are currently blanketing the Chicagoland area.  I like winter generally, so I welcome snow generally.  But today's snowpocalypse has a particularly special place in my heart.  You see, today's storm has resulted in a first in my professional career: a work snow day. 

Yes, my friends, my employer officially closed the office today.  No feat by man or mother nature has ever achieved such a result.  To the contrary, in the course of my professional career, I've been locked inside work ("for my own safety") much more often than I've been let home early.  Snowpocalypse therefore, is a day a great rejoicing. 

I plan to spend to day celebrating snowpocalypse and the unexpected freedom it brought.  I plan to play with my kids and drink hot chocolate.  I plan to do all the things I never get to do during the day with my kids.  I plan to actually enjoy the snow.  And I look forward to the baby boom of November 2011. 

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment