Friday, November 19, 2010

Too Many Thoughts

As I sat down tonight to write my blog post, so many thoughts were running through my head.  My hubby is up north for almost a week, my daughter told my hubby last night that "Mommy works too much," I can't sleep lately, why does a networking dinner have to be 3 hours long, etc.  As you can tell, this has been a busy week for me.  So which topic to choose? 

Well, as Thanksgiving quickly approaches I am going to take the night off from all of my above stressful thoughts and think about a day off with my family.  No, I am not going to go into the standard "what I am thankful for" post - that I am saving for next Wednesday - HA!  But I do want to talk (write?) about Thanksgiving, because I think it is a very important holiday. 

Why is it important?  Because it is the only holiday where the focus is solely food!  Everyone has the day off, I don't have to worry about traveling, nor do I have to worry about which Christmas gifts should I get for which person.  This day is just about football, sleeping in and my mom cooking way too much food.  (yes, Grandma goes way overboard!). 

We always have the basics for turkey dinner: turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams and pie.  Oh and don't forget the rolls.  Plus, Grandma always makes a favorite dish for everyone.
Grandpa: Stuffing (he is pretty easy since he can't eat green vegetables)
Hubby: Potatoes (yep!)
Me: Yams and apple/snicker salad
A: cheese
B: heart chocolate

So you may see a little variety in the last 2 answers.  Yep, my children are EXTREMELY picky eaters.  (And this is where you should be able to hear the laughter from my aunt and cousin - as I am also very picky!).   So I need tips on how to get my girls to try new foods.  Any suggestions?  At this point, I am willing to try anything. 

Thanks for the tips!  And look forward to my "what I am thankful for" post next week :)!!

Jean Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment