Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Challenges

It seems like so many of my friends and family have been faced with challenges lately.  Thankfully, none of the challenges that come to mind are life threatening or truly devestating, they are just obstacles that must be overcome or difficult times through which they must persevere.  Because I am blessed with amazing friends and family, I know that each one will triumph over their stuggles.  And someday, they will look back at this time and instead of remembering how difficult things were, they will appreciate this time as a time for growth or opportunity.  

But in the meantime, as all of us struggle to get past whatever the obstacle is that we are personally facing, I'm trying to focus not only on my challenges, but also the many, many blessings I have in my life.  For the things I take for granted that people close to me have to worry about daily.  For small things, like having food in my refrigerator, to big things like my children's health.  For my family and friends.  For my "needs" really being "wants."  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in myself and my little world that I forget how lucky I really am.  The picture is always so much bigger than I imagine it.  I'm grateful I have only the stuggles I have, and not anything more serious.  I'm grateful my family is healthy and that we are together.  If there is a silver lining to times like these, it's that we notice the things we so often take for granted, and we feel blessed all over again. 

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment