Monday, October 18, 2010

The "L" Word...Laundry

As you know, I have twin 4 year old daughters. Having twins means double of everything: toys, shoes, books. But when it comes to laundry, I swear I have 4 sets of twins or they must change at least 10 times a day (which is a possibility). How does their laundry basket accumulate so many dirty clothes?
Typically, I do not have to travel for work, however, last week I was in North Carolina from Tuesday to Friday (and don’t even get me started on that 6 AM flight out of Des Moines!). I actually had most of the laundry finished up before I left, with only the girls’ clothes left in the dryer for the hubby to fold on Tuesday. And I realized that I would have numerous loads to do when I returned.

So Sunday morning, I was at it again (yes, I took Saturday off! It was Pumpkin Patch time!!). Two loads of clothes for the girls, with another one to go. 1 load of hubby’s clothes, with 2 more of ours to go. Plus, jeans and towels. How does this all add up? Are we the dirtiest family in America?

Most of the time, I try to do a load of laundry a night, as the weekends are just too busy. But I am gone for 4 days and this happens? And now that it is fall, no more flip flops, so I have all of these little socks (and yes, the sock monster does exist!!). Plus, we may start out the day in a sweatshirt and end up wearing a t-shirt and shorts!

And I understand that they are going to get dirty. But where does all of this dirt come from? And no matter what stain remover I use, or how much I soak it, that spot is not coming out. And I can not begin to explain how many wood chips they bring home in their shoes from the playground. (On a positive note, I don’t need that additional run to Menards for my flower bed covering.)

I realize this is a small task on the working mom’s to do list, but it seems to be never-ending. And I wish I could write more, but I have some clothes to fold.

Jean Anne

P.S. Can anyone explain how the Downy ball works?

No comments:

Post a Comment