Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Countdown

Well, here we are five days before Christmas.  I don't have everything done because, as I said last week, I don't think "everything" will ever be done before the kids actually wake up on Christmas morning.  But as I promised myself last week, I'm taking it in and enjoying the season.  And it's been everything I imagined it could be and more. 

Maybe it is because the kids are old enough to understand what's going on, or maybe it's because I've made a concentrated effort to focus on my family this season, but I've never felt so blessed to have my kids and husband as I do this season.  Seeing the world through their eyes - even for just this little bit - has brought me so much joy.  From Sweet Pea's terror in sitting on Santa's lap, to KJ's thrill in bringing home handmade presents for his family this season has been filled with reminders of what a blessing it truly is to be a family.  From making a gingerbread house (a first for all of us) to taking Sweet Pea to see her first production of the Nutcracker, I've had the opportunity to really focus on my family and all they bring to my life.  And although I still complain that Husband eats all the dough before I have time to bake it into cookies, and despite Sweet Pea and KJ's constant bickering about who gets to turn on the Christmas tree, I know I am lucky to have them.  And I'm so grateful for everything they've added to my life. 

Wishing you and your family a holiday season filled with joy, magic and family.


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment