Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Birthday Party

On my last post, I was able to reminisce about the birth of my 2 wonderful daughters, as they turned 5 years old.  For this post, I wanted to tell you all about the wonderful birthday celebration we had on Saturday.  And it was wonderful - don't get me wrong.  We have amazing family and friends that care so much about my girls, that I am so blessed.  But I just have to vent...

First, for the money I spent on the party, we could have gone on a great 4 day vacation.  The party was held at our house, we rented a bounce house, we had food and drinks.  But feeding 30 people, bounce house rental and invitations really adds up!!  And then I still have to set up and clean up when the party is over. 

Second, there was the stress of the weather.  When you rent a bounce house, you pray for no rain.  And on Friday night, channel 8 told me all I had to worry about was the heat.  HA!  I woke up Saturday morning to thunder...which continued until noon!!  All morning I kept thinking "what am I going to do with these kids if it rains?" 

Third, there was the stress of houseguests.  Yes - I had 6 extra guests at my house for the weekend.  My in-laws, my sister-in-law, her husband, my 1 year old nephew and my husband's grandma.  And that's all I have to say about that...

Now, to be fair, I understand that this is not about me.  It is about my children having a wonderful birthday!  But given that they love to travel, LOVE hotels, and have a great time anywhere with a pool, next year vacation here we come!  Plus, I honestly think the girls can feel my stress (no matter how hard I try to hide it from them).  So, the Dells in July 2012 anyone?

Thanks for reading!
Jean Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment