Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Monday...


It’s Monday.

This day has been a fog from the moment my husband nudged me ever so lovingly (okay more like pushed me awake) to tell me it was time to get up.
7:03 a.m. - Searching frantically for socks for my son and secretly cursing myself because I seem to be physically unable to put away clean socks after I wash them.
7:15 a.m.- I packed my daughter’s lunch put it in her bag and then moments later asked her “Where’s your lunch bag I need to pack your lunch???”
9:00 a.m. - Sitting in the vet (AGAIN) with our new kitten because she is the incredibly sneezing cat and her first antibiotic didn't work. Interrogated the vet to find out if the cat is going to die because of course its my luck that my daughter is so attached to a cat that can't get over a cold!
9:30 a.m. - My calendar entry reminded me that I needed to sign up H for summer camps but by the time I logged on I noticed that all the Moms who are actually organized snagged the spots.

10:09 a.m. - My voicemail told me I have 13 messages because I never can seem to find the time to delete my messages after I listen to them on my computer.

10:15 a.m. – Trying to do discovery and answer clients emails at the same time led to some “thank God I proofread that before I sent to my client" moments.

11:04 a.m. – Making a mental note to myself, then getting real with myself and emailing my husband to remind me (since I know I will forget) that I have to do my tax withholding this week.

11:36 a.m. – Scary panic moment of emailing my assistant to see if I actually did a project because it just popped into my mind.

12:00 p.m. - Fabulous outdoor lunch date with my husband - simply because lunch is really the only time we don't have our three kids in tow.

1:32 p.m. - Back to my desk ready to answer countless emails and wondering how I'm going to manage to feed the kids before 9:00 p.m. since I won't be home from J's dance class till 7.

Yes it’s definitely Monday.
Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment