Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Addiction

Yes, I must admit, I have an addiction.

Hello, my name is Jean and I am addicted to vacation/traveling.

Yes, I realize it has been a while since I have posted on the blog. Well, this is because I was feeding my addiction. This time it was our annual family vacation to northern Wisconsin. And it was amazing!!

Our 10 day trip in June included so much fun, I just have to list out some of the activities that occurred:
• Fishing (Perch, bass (rock and smallmouth), sunfish, bluegill, walleye, trout (brown and rainbow) and even a musky!)
• Golfing
• Horseback riding
• Kayaking
• Bike riding (yes, we hauled our bikes on vacation. We are the Griswolds in the family truckster!)
• Tennis
• Visiting the Northwoods zoo (Jim Peck’s) where you can feed fawns!
• Shopping
• Reading
• Catching tadpoles
• Swimming
• Eagle and loon watching – up close!
• Ping pong/shuffleboard/Foosball
• Puzzles (300+ pieces)
• And EATING

And a few things we did not do:
• Watching TV
• Reading the newspaper
• Updating Facebook
• Checking our cell phones
• Working
• Dishes
• Cooking

This is one of the few vacations which is jam-packed, but I actually get to spend quality time with my family! No hurrying from place to place, yelling at the kids that we are late or eating in the van on our way to practice, a game, work, etc. So while we did A LOT of activities, this was, in fact, a relaxing vacation.

When can I go again?
Jean Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment