Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Come On Spring!

Many apologies for missing last week’s blog post. I was caught up in the bad weather, kids getting out early from school, will they still have gymnastics practice, who is picking up the girls juggle. So needless to say, my “I think I will have a break in my schedule to write my post” time quickly vanished. But, to be completely honest, I didn’t have a lot of good things to write. Why?
Because it was February.

Why am I so disenchanted with February? Aren’t there good things that happen in February? Yes, in fact 3 of the most wonderful people I know in the world have birthdays in February! And I am sure that my best friend would mention Valentine’s Day. There is the Daddy/Daughter dance which everyone loves (including this mom – who gets a “free” night!).

Yet, even with all of these reasons, I dislike February, and this year seemed especially bad. My dad had issues with his eyes, including surgery for a torn retina. There was so much snow. My girls were bratty and the meltdown by B in Build a Bear workshop did nothing to stop that. Work was just work. My workouts were boring and I wasn’t losing any weight, even though I was working out 4 to 5 days a week. Needless to say, I was in a rut.

This would strike most of you as odd, because I typically like to look at the bright side of EVERYTHING. When I have to spell my name out, my last name starts out like this “S as in sunshine.” As a mom, I always have a Plan B. And I always try to count my blessings (I have a roof over my head, my girls are healthy, I have a job, etc.).

But not in February.

So, on the 1st day of March (which turned out to be Friday), we went out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant and celebrated the end of February….with margaritas!!

Have a GREAT SPRING! Jean Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment